Monday, December 2, 2013

The Great Job Search of 2013

The great job search of 2013 has begun! I retired in 2010 at age 62 and survived ok. In January 2012 my former employer asked if I would consider coming back for a brief while. Well of course I did because I enjoyed that company and could always find a use for some extra income. By mid-summer of 2013 though, I was again tired of working and again left that job. There was a major restructuring of the job I was doing and it was being a bit difficult for me so I chose the 'easy way'. Then I learned I had come to rely on that income a bit too much. 

So rather than cut back on my life-style perhaps it's time to rejoin the work force. During the summers I have the extra income that can be generated doing some PR for local race tracks but that sure dries up in a hurry at the end of the season. I enjoy people so retail is a natural for me and I think I'm rather good at working with the public. Negatively, I'm a tad lazy, really have a disdain for physical labor, but mentally I can compete with the best. Would love a nearer job that might involve proof-reading or re-writing. That would be right up my alley. I'm always open to suggestion, just write me at racewayjay@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment